..Architect..with..STYLE..ANA..PEREZ..

I like the style of architect Ana Perez who has her own office CGP architects in Barcelona. She always looks effortlessly chic. She uses colour and patterns in what she wears so I was curious where her inspiration comes from. Luckily she agreed to give an inside.


 











































 
How do you define your style?
As a mother of two children of 6 and 3 year old, I’m sorry to say that I don’t have time enough to plan my wear style especially. I am attracted to natural fabrics and love prints (like this skirt I am wearing in the photo from Hoss Intropia ) and patterns with a geometric base, probably normal for an architect. 

Where do you get your inspiration?
Almost everywhere if you are in the mood for it. Travelling is always a good experience to get inspiration by visiting new places and buildings. And also, walking the streets of Barcelona, looking at people, how they move and live the public space. And then, at home, I really enjoy looking for blogs and online magazines, it’s so funny and easy jumping from one place to other.

What is your best architectural experience?
It’s difficult to choose just one. The visit of the F.LL. Wright’s Fallingwater house was specially pretty because of the powerful nature that surrounds it, the way it is placed in the site, and the proposal of that horizontal perception inside opposite to the huge, tall trees outside. Have dinner at Les Cols restaurant and sleeping at the pavilions from RCR arquitectes was a feast for the senses. And in a future, I’m looking forward visiting Aalto’s Villa Mairea.

What do you think is important in life?
Always love and respect for everyone or everything around us. I’d like my two daughters grow up feeling free for getting their own decisions with a respectful and critic spirit and being aware of it.

1 opmerking:

  1. I would like to leave a comment but at present I'm full of snot... And you all know what day it is tomorrow! :(

    Good interview, though. More like this one, please, perhaps a bit longer. How about Jean-Claude Casaneuves next? :)

    Love from the Ness.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...